Friday, March 11, 2011

Persuasive Essay

Natalie Flickinger

Mr. Allam

English 2

March, 3, 2011

Julius Caesar persuasive



            “Et tu, Brute?’’(III.i.78). I have been sent back as a ghost to enlighten you about friendship so that way I didn’t have to die for nothing. I know you killed me because you though I would ruin Rome but, by killing me you have made Rome go into chaos. If you are not careful you will die as well. So listen to me when I tell you about friendship and you might survive. I am going to teach you about talking to your friends and trusting them to do the right thing! I will teach you that friendship means collaborating with trusting your friends.


            I know some like Cassius might disagree with me by saying friendship is about agreeing with others so believe me not others. Antony once said “When Caesar says “Do this,” it is performed.”(I.ii.10). You should follow that by listening to what I am about to say.


            You should talk to all your friends. Not just to one or two of them. If you do you might gossip about them. Then they will turn against you, like I would of if I knew!                                                                

2 comments:

  1. I like your hook, it got me interested. I dont really understand your thesis statemnt though. Do you think all friendship is, is trust?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I also think it is about calabrating.

    ReplyDelete